What to Expect from the New Life for Women Program
Before beginning the application process, please take a moment to read through the following items on What to Expect from the New Life for Women Program
- We are not like most other residential programs, and we are NOT a shelter. We are a 12-month, Faith based Discipleship program. What this entails is that the areas of our lives that are out of control and the lies that we believe that have contributed to these lifestyles are confronted with the Truth of the Word of God. We believe that by being in the Word of God we learn our God given identities and this is what helps us to understand His purpose for our lives. So from the time we get up until the time we go to bed we are in the Word of God doing chapels, attending different bible studies, in times of worship and prayer, and various other avenues of soaking in the Scriptures.
- Our schedule is very structured, and we believe that this is very important when we are coming from lifestyles where structure is lacking. Therefore, we have each day planned out following a schedule. We get up at a certain time, eat at a specific time, have class at a certain time, etc. We ask the ladies to manage their time in a way where they can be at least 5 minutes early to each scheduled event.
- The 12-month program is broken up into 4, 3-month phases. We do a faith-based curriculum here and during each phase the ladies are responsible for reading various books, writing specific papers, and memorizing different scriptures. This is done in an 'Independent Study' format; however, we are available to help them along the way.
- During their time here the ladies do not work for the whole 12 months. God meets all our needs here beyond what we can imagine. (We do provide any self-care necessities such as shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- We do not allow any psychiatric medication here, so, if a lady comes into the program on such medications, we will ween them off over the course of their first 30 days here. Here, we believe that Jesus is TRULY our Healer and Deliverer. We have both seen and experienced first-hand the healing power of Jesus and ask that if you end up entering the program, you trust God to do the same in your life!
- We do not allow smoking or the use of cell phones. After the first 2 weeks of being in the program the ladies can make calls on Fridays. For the first 90 days the calls are 15 minutes on speakerphone and the time increases as they get to each phase. Calls are to be made to immediate family ONLY.
- If a woman decides to leave the program prematurely the most we can do is take them to a nearby shelter. We ARE NOT responsible for getting them back to where they came to us from nor are we able to facilitate any calls or planning to figure out their next move.
- NLFW is a communal living setting therefore all the women participate in the maintenance of the household. Everyone is assigned a chore, and everyone contributes in the preparing and clean-up of meals. Each day we have someone assigned as the cook and the helper in the kitchen.
- After the first 30 days of being in the NLFW program we have a family visit which is held at a nearby church from 1-4 and is typically on the last Saturday of the month (but this is subject to change) and is for immediate family only and the family that will be in attendance must be communicated with staff in advance.
- We ask that before entering the NLFW program, each woman makes sure that her affairs are in order. Meaning we will do what we can to aid in taking care of NECESSARY personal business matters, however, the ladies in the program do not have access to the internet or their cell phones so if there are any bills to be paid or other matters of that nature, they need to be taken care of before coming into the program