Bridge to Life
This team lives out the Gospel by meeting the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of homeless individuals within our community.
Our desire is: to build long-term relationships with the homeless community, to spread the Gospel message with love and compassion, to equip ourselves and others for a Christ driven life, and to impact our world for Christ.
“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds. Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you say to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?” James 2:14-17
“And the master said to his servant, “Go out into the highways and byways and compel them to come in, that my house may be full.”" Luke 14:23
- PRAYERFUL – Everything must be Spirit-led, prayer is critical to success in ministry
- BIBLICAL – Our approach to ministry should always mirror the example set by Christ
- HOLISTIC – We care for the whole person and seek to meet their physical, emotional, as well as their spritual needs at the time
- INCARNATIONAL – Practice what we preach, humbly aware that we are blessed to serve
We go out to minister 3 days each week: Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
We also have a team that picks up individuals for Saturday night services and we host several special banquets for holidays throughout the year.
6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Tuesday at New Life Cafe, 1666 N California Ave.
Friday and Sunday at Mother Church, 1665 N. Mozart Ave
- Donate money
- Write Bridge 2 Life in other, during the offering
- One dollar a week equals one blanket a month
- Five dollars a week equals 52 blankets a year
- Donate meals for the night
- We are looking for meals for about 60 people
- It can be sándwiches, pasta pollo guisado, arroz con gandules, y lechón asado
- If it’s good enough for you it’s good enough for us
- Warm jackets, sweatshirts, socks and pants
Pray for Us
We are going out into the battlefield. We build relationships and many times, we face death and loss of those we minister to, due to the cold and harsh Chicago winters.
If you see someone homeless please call and leave a message with location. We will try to stop and minister to them at one of our nights. 773.384.2200